1. I used Punchbowl.com to make my invitation for the dinner party. Great and easy to use website with templates for invitations.
2. I used MustHaveMenus.com to create my menu for the dinner party. A little tricky, but all sorts of template options.
3. I used AllRecipes.com to get some homemade, house styled foods, that would have been used during the 1960's and 70's. Great website with awesome pictures.
4. I also used thekitchn.com to get more homemade, home styled food options. I used both websites targeted towards the 60's to make sure the recipes were popular at the time. More reliable. Awesome pictures.
5. I used Oyez.org for my first real research about the court case Loving vs Virginia. I found out important dates and names. It gave me good facts about the case and what happened.
6. I used Aclu.org for more information on the case. I also used this to find out more about the ACLU and why they chose this case to get involved.
7. I used caselaw.findlaw.com to find what all was said and what went down in the trial room. It supplied me with awesome quotes.
8. I used Scholarship.law.duke.edu to get information about Miscegenation, and what that meant. Also used this to find what the states ruling and views were for interracial marriages.
9. I used Memory.loc.gov to get history and information about the Miscegenation laws in America. I found dates and specific state's rulings. I also found a trial between a white man and negro woman in the 1600's.
10. I used Virginiamemory.com to find events and laws that related to and lead up to Loving vs Virginia. It gave me different laws all around the US relating to the Miscegenation laws.
No comments:
Post a Comment