I really enjoyed the movie "Glory" and I thought it did a great job showing the 54th Regiment. However, after reading the movie review I now don't understand the same concept that Ebert mentions in his review. He says, "I didn't understand why it had to be told so often from the point of view of the 54th's white commanding officer". Why couldn't part of the movie been told from the African American's viewpoints? By coming from the white officer, the viewers of the movie never got to fully understand how the blacks felt. These emotions should have been included in this film since it is about them being the first black soldiers in America.
In this paragraph I practiced incorporating a quote into my writing. I put some of my thoughts in, along with someone else's who I agreed with.
I agree with this idea, I was left with the same question.
ReplyDeleteI agree with this idea, I was left with the same question.
ReplyDeleteHey, that's pretty good.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you the movie had to be told from that viewpoint.
I agree and didn't think of that before
ReplyDelete