Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Reflection on Supply Chain Management

During class today we watched a video about what work and labor goes behind the Nestle chocolate. I had no idea what work went in to the chocolate industry and I am very surprised about the child labor. I am very happy to hear that some brands are starting to only produce the authentic cocoa beans. I believe that the workers in Africa should be paid more though, especially because they don't even have enough money to buy more cocoa plants, and because the work is so tedious. Nestle posted on their website their goals for each year, and they were goals that I agreed with. I think it is very professional for them to make goals that are safe and healthy for the people who put in such hard work. The main lesson of today was seeing how much work goes into one little piece of chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment